Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The moon of my life

As I sit here in darkness staring at the moon with Mars in the distance, listening to the crickets chirping, the rustling in the bushes, I can't help but wonder if you're looking at it too. The way the moon shines reminds me of the light you filled me with, the joy you gave me from the sight of your smile and the sound of your laughter. The way you pronounced certain words with a hint of English accent that I found most endearing. They still haunt me. Sometimes I can control it, but other times I succumb to these memories. You were bad for me. Far from perfect...but in your imperfections I was able to find the light and in that short time I was forever yours. That's the beauty about you. You were perfectly imperfect. A cloud is rolling under the moon now. Its distorting the light, most likely a sign that I should do the same with my memories of you.

Jose Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment